Saturday, March 2, 2013

Inspired by the photo

Hello! Happy Saturday! This week the talented Meihsia is the hostess for Our Creative Corner. The theme of the challenge is to get inspired by the colors in the photo and add fabric flowers and a crown.

I wanted to create some texture in my card, so I applied a coat of crackle paint, let it dry and then sponged some distress ink here and there. I don't know if it shows in the picture, but the final look is kind of rough. Then I added some splotches of paint, the embellishments and stamped the sentiment with Staz-On black ink. The big flower was made with a strip of fabric which I folded around and fastened with thread and a brad. The little flowers are small circles of fabric fastened with a brad. The different panels of cardstock have been glued off to give interest.

Hope you like it and I hope you get inspired enough to participate in our challenge! Stop by the Our Creative Corner blog to check out the wonderful creations the rest of the design team has created.

Thanks for visiting my blog! Happy stamping!



1 comment:

  1. This is such a gorgeous card, Lili. I love the beautiful fabric flowers and fantasic background stamping. Great design! :)

    ReplyDelete