Friday, November 30, 2012

The Paper Players Challenge #123

I am so happy to come back to participate in the Paper Players challenge. It has been a long time since I have created cards for their challenges. Things got complicated in my life and too many things  going on that I couldn't concentrate on making cards for different challenges as I used to.
When situations in life make you take another path, and you get confused about what you are doing, you forget what you really love to do. I think that it happens to everyone and what's important about it is how much you learn on that detour and when you come back to where your passion is, you do it with much more energy and determination.

I've read that The Paper Players are searching for Guest Designers so I decided to create this card not only for the fun of it but to submit it for the GD position also. I flipped the sketch over because the image I wanted to use fitted better that way.

The stamp set I used for this card is one of my favorites for Christmas, Come to Bethlehem (W 118732 C 120591) which was embossed using the Early Espresso Embossing powder (128980). I love the calligraphy that the sentiment has, isn't that neat? For the distressed background I used the Fancy Fan embossing folder (127751) , the Early Espresso Core'dinations card stock (127848) and the stampin sanding system (129367).

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!







3 comments:

  1. Love that you turned the sketch sideways! Perfect for that image. Great job - thanks for playing along this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Lilli! I love the soft sponging around the image--so perfect for the antique look of this stamp. Turning the sketch was genius too! I'm glad you've found your love for card-making again and shared this beauty with us at The Paper Players! So glad you joined the GD call too! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog and I will be sure to remember you to my mother! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning card Lili. Absolutely perfect.

    ReplyDelete