Friday, September 28, 2012

FM #78 .... Let's Get Twiney!!

Wow we are having wonderful challenges lately! Ok, I really love all our challenges but this time of the year is so special for me. Those who know me know that I love cold weather, and we don't have cold weather here in Miami! At least not the cold I love and I am used to before I came to live in Miami, and sadly I can't get used to this type of heat. Besides the weather, my family's birthdays and my favorite holidays are during this time of the year. As you can see there are several reasons I love the second half of the year, and because of that I am enjoying so much our challenges which are related to autumn and the colors that we have to use to create our projects (Cherry Cobbler, Gumball Green, Cajun Craze, Pumpkin Pie, More Mustard) energize me.

Back to our weekly challenge in The Friday Mashup, we have to create a card or project using leaves and /or twine. Lisa is our host this week and she is a winter girl, woohoo way to go girl. If you visit the Friday Mashup blog you can see  all the wonderful creations the Design Team has come up with to keep you inspired. Hope to see all of you in the gallery!!

To create my card I used Day of Gratitude stamp set ( W120835 C 121148), Window Frames Collection (129021). I painted the stamp with Early Espresso marker (119680), Pumpkin Pie marker (105115), Cherry Cobbler marker (119681), Gumball Green marker (126856) and Daffodil Delight marker (119677). I  created the spattered look using the Color Spritzer Tool (107066) and the Early Espresso marker.

Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful weekend!
Happy stamping!


So here is the "Mashup" Challenge:
  1. Make a "Fall Leaves" themed project.
  2. Or Make a project with "Twine".
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a "Fall Leaves Themed project using Twine".                                             

    7 comments:

    1. Lili, I just love this! My Day of Gratitude has been a bit neglected as of late but you've inspired me to pull it out. I forget how amazing it can look!

      ReplyDelete
    2. I love these design elements and the pretty colors with the spritz and twine! Thanks for the heads up on my last week's card. I hope I can play again this week. Thanks for the inspiration!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Wonderful card, I love that detailed image.

      ReplyDelete
    4. Days of Gratitude is my favorite fall set and you used it beautifully here Lili!

      ReplyDelete
    5. Ah, you have more patience than me to color that big medallion stamp. Beautiful!

      ReplyDelete
    6. Super pretty! I love your cutout and cluster of pretty leaves.

      ReplyDelete
    7. What a fabulous combination of elements Lili! Love the leaves layered over the medallion image!

      ReplyDelete