Saturday, August 18, 2012

Desk holder for Our Creative Corner

This week we have a challenge with office supplies. Yes, you read correctly, with all the bits and pieces floating around that belong in the office, such as staples, post-it-notes, sticky tape, etc. you have to create a card. For more details go to Our Creative Corner blog and check out the challenge and look at the fabulous creations that the DT has prepared to keep your juices flowing!

This time I haven't made a card. I thought that to create something for my desk was going to be more useful. I used a clear frame, added post-it-notes and decorated them with a red border and added a twine bow and a button on top. I put a piece of red cardstock in the back and at the bottom of the frame I added a piece of magnet, so that the paper clips can stick together on that place, to be handy when they are needed. I used one pen, with a screw-on top, and decorated the inside with a piece of DSP to match with the rest of the project. Hope you like it!

Thanks for stopping by!
Have a wonderful weekend!







5 comments:

  1. Hello Lili
    How innovative of you to create something that is of use with this theme, I love how you have thought 'out of the box' on this Challenge, you have made a fantastic note pad.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lili this is a great idea. I like what you did with the paper clips, I'm always looking for one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea. This could be done in so many sizes for different applications.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you find white post its? Or did you make a cover? What did you use to attach the magnet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robin,
      Thanks for visiting my blog.
      Replying to your question, I found white post it at Staples.
      To attach the magnet I use hot glue or if the magnet comes with adhesive on the back I just reinforce it with regular glue.

      Delete