Monday, March 5, 2012

Our Creative Corner Challenge: Making Melody

Hi there! Happy Monday and ready for another challenge! This week's Our Creative Corner Challenge is about Making Melody. This challenge is not only to lay out papers and embellishments to look pleasing to the eye, but also to be inspired by a song.

The song that I picked was Dreams by The Cranberries, and for me dreams are what I don't stop having. I recognize myself as a dreamer, and that is what moves me forward.
I created a clean and simple card for this challenge. I was inspired by a card created by Maile Belles. She creates beautiful clean and simple cards.

First, I stamped the sentiment with Basic Black ink, and the flowers with Real Red ink. Once the ink was completely dry, I clear embossed, with the Vanilla Scented Emboss Powder, rows with the border that comes in the Fresh Vintage stamp set. Finally, I added the buttons and tied a bow with the White Baker's Twine.

Have a wonderful day! Thanks for stopping by!
Lili


Stamp sets: Fresh Vintage (W 125115, C 125117), Word Play (W 120308, C 120651)
Embellishments: Basic Rhinestones (119246), Baker's Twine (124262)

2 comments:

  1. Love those delicious Cranberries...takes me back to college! I love the clean and simple card you've made and the button and ribbon add wonderful texture here! Thank you for joining in at Our Creative Corner this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lili, this is simply stunning! Love the clean design and the pop of color. What an awesome song choice, too. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner! :)

    ReplyDelete