Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Friday Mashup #50

This week for The Friday Mashup Challenge, we have to create a card following the sketch or applying the Faux Mother Pearl Technique by Heidi Baks. I decided to mash it up and do both, and if you haven't tried that technique you should try it. It is very simple and it gives a beautiful look to your card.

I like the way my vintage card turned out. I didn't mean to make a vintage card, but as usual, I start with one idea and end up with a card completely different than the one I had in mind. Does that happen to you? But I enjoy the whole process so it is ok with me. Enjoy!

Thanks for popping by! Have a great day!
Lili



Cardstock: Soft Suede (115318), Very Vanilla (101650)
DSP: Mocha Morning Specialty (122366)
Stamp Sets: Notably Ornate (W 117098, C 120561), Loving Thoughts (W 125843, C 125845)
Punch: 2-3/8" Scallop Circle
Embellishments: Very Vanilla 1/2" Seam Binding Ribbon (120999), 1/2" Chantilly Crochet Trim (118480),Basic Pearls (119247)
Frost White Shimmer Paint (116854) for the technique.

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty card, thanks for joining us this week.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz
    Friday Mashup DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful card, and I love your take on the sketch! Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous! I love the vintage look; your image panel looks stunning! Thanks for joining The Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS! I knew they would pick your card, made it just in time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!! This came out so pretty... I love how it's all Neutral tones. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete