Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Decorative Trim Color Trends Challenge

I love green and orange hues. The challenge for Embellish Magazine uses greens and for this particular card I used Always Artichoke, River Rock and Old Olive. The butterfly is painted on Kiwi Kiss cardstock.

For this card, I was inspired by a card on our Idea Book & Catalog 2011. This catalog is really a source of inspiration, and it is a very useful tool at our fingertips.
Sometimes, we surf the Web, visiting different blogs, magazines and books, and the inspiration is around us in the most simple things. Most of the time, I simply open up our catalog and get inspired right away!

I hope you like my creation for this challenge! Enjoy!



NOTE: To paint the butterfly, I clear embossed the swirls from Baroque Motifs on a piece of Kiwi Kiss cardstock. I then used the daubers and dabbed on Marina Mist and Poppy Parade ink pads, then dabbed on the piece of Kiwi Kiss cardstock (which was already clear embossed). The Baroque Motifs swirls with clear emboss are ink resistant, so you can see the Kiwi Kiss through the embossing.
Once I got the desired effects and colors, I cut the butterfly using the Beautiful Butterflies Bigz Die with the Big Shot. Finally, I sprayed the butterfly with Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz and added the body with the beads.
Don't be afraid to play around with colors, it's so much fun!

Cardstock: Pumpkin Pie (105117), Always Artichoke (105119), River Rock (108640), Old Olive (100702), Kiwi Kiss (discontinued), So Saffron (105118)
Designer Series Paper: Paisley Prints (122367)
Stamp Set: Baroque Motifs (113490)
Ink: VersaMark (102283), Soft Suede (115657), Poppy Parade (119782), Marina Mist (119668)
Embossing Powder: Clear (109130)
Ribbon: 5/8" Crochet Trim Victoria
Punches: 1-3/8" x 5/8" Oval (119863), Scallop Trim Border (118402)
Bigz Die: Beautiful Butterflies (114507)
Embosslits Die: Beautiful Wings (118138)
Tools: Heat Tool (100005)
Cool stuff: Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz (118772), Sponge Daubers (102892)

2 comments:

  1. This is filled with so many beautiful details! I love how you used the accent Butterflies and the color combination is lovely. TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the butterflies! Thanks for joining Embellishes Decorative Trim Color Trends Challenge.

    ReplyDelete